Tuesday, December 18, 2007

POV

I - one space - one life (where you go, there you are)

II - one time (continuous now)

III - this is our scope of life, it was made this way for a reason. We are not made to live multiple people’s lives…ex: group-think mob lead by a puppeteer…or multiple times…ex: stuck living in the past.

1st person Point Of View expresses the mesoscope of our existence.

Enclosure: life is one time (now) - one person…this is our sphere of control.

When we flow with life, instead of trying to control it, reformation is enabled.

The roll embodies this concept…trying to fight the fall’s force would get me hurt, but, reforming the force gave me greater energy.

Three versions of the initial sequence show three manifestations (action-dynamic vantages) of the same (and very similar) scene.

a. was made to look like I unknowingly tripped, fell, and rolled to proceed toward my car.

In b., I still tripped and fell, but this time, it was done in a (personally) well controlled manner…almost silent

c. was in the middle; it was realistic and controlled (the viewer can see my foot fly in front of the camera to tell I was literally head over heels).

I had to do the dive-roll-out-of-a-trip (s) with no hands to hold the camera so I could get the 1st person POV!

The next sequence depicts my mind drifting out of one place and time (while driving)! I should not be thinking about the past (childhood video games) and other people’s lives while driving. The view becomes narrower and the over-imposed realities destructively interfere with each other.

Thankfully, 1 POV returns, though sporadically (recovery is often not instantaneous), as I go into Grocs-lab to learn and grow.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Intigrative Expression by Robert Nathan Bernshausen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License